- About Us
- Programs & Services
- You & the VCHC
- News & Events
How to Join
Become a Member: Join the Co-op
Becoming a member of the Victoria Community Health Cooperative is easy and comes with many benefits. Everyone is welcome to join as a member.
Join together with like-minded people involved in community wellness.
1. Download and fill out this form:
2. Send your completed membership form to us with a payment of $50 for your membership share, payable to the Victoria Community Health Co-operative.
The mailing address is:
Victoria Community Health Co-operative
1287 Boulderpath Road
Participate as a Member-Practitioner:
Are you a health practitioner and would like to become a member-practitioner? Find out about the benefits of becoming a member and member-practitioner.
To become a member-practitioner, fill out the above membership application form, specifying that you would like to participate as a wellness/health professional. Your membership share purchase is the same ($50) as all members.
In addition, the minimum requirements to qualify as a member-practitioner are:
- You are registered with the governing organization or college for your health modality;
- You carry general liability and professional medical malpractice insurance (min. $1 million).
- You are well educated and certified in the health modalit(ies) you wish to provide to co-op members;
- You are a member in good standing of the VCHC.
- You adhere to the VCHC Code of Ethics.
Responsibilities of Member-Practitioners:
As an Integrative Primary Health Care Co-op, many complementary and alternative health modalities are used, in addition to conventional medicine, in order to promote health, prevent disease, and manage/heal illness.
Member practitioners are committed to learning about the other therapists on the team and the work they offer, in order to better facilitate timely and informed referrals within and outside of the co-op .
Participating Member Practitioners will offer 5–15% of the income from their sessions with members (not your own non-member clients) back to the Health Access Fund in order to increase access for other members.
Creating a Member-Practitioner Profile:
Once you have met the minimum requirements for becoming a Member-Practitioner and have created an account on the website, then you can create your own Practitioner Profile.
1. Go to: http://victoriahealthcooperative.ca/content/practitioner-profile
2. Complete the "Practitioner Profile" webform and submit it. This information will be stored for the use of the co-op only.
3. You will then be asked to complete a second profile that is for the website. Follow the link to the form and fill in as much information as you want to be viewed on the website.
4. You will have to wait until your profile is approved by the co-op for the profile to be published on the website.